Hi there,

we're looking to do the same thing.

I'm in the midst of upgrading our sites to a php/mysql based content management system that I will use to "wrap" around UBBT.

it will be running an LDAP server so I would like to not have to require the users to log in again.

I would also like the live link to the LDAP server and I think its something that Infopop should look at seriously because it allows UBBT to be integrated more easily in multi-application website environments which is what pretty much all of us are working with these days.

I would be OK with the cookie method you described, Brett. since I'm not a programmer could you please outline in more detail how I could get the website to provide a cookie that is compatible with UBBT?

I seem to recall that they have to physically login to our website each time but once in there I would like them not to have to re-login to UBBT.

also how do we go about synchronizing the username and password information so that if a new user creates an account on our website the information can be passed to UBBT?

I'm OK with duplicate information for now but I would like a more elegant solution in the near future where everything just queries the LDAP server.

thanks,

KC

Kurt Carter
Florist Systems
"The Business and Technology Partner of the Local Florist"

PS. I just read Rick's response to somebody else on this same subject on january 14th I believe.

it was pretty clear. full LDAP integration is not going to happen any time soon because it would necessitate a total rewrite. oh well, hopefully someday. but at least a level of "cookie integration" would be great in the interim.

[This message was edited by Kurt Carter on 01 Mar 02 at 03:07 PM.]

[This message was edited by Kurt Carter on 01 Mar 02 at 03:08 PM.]