In anticipation of the inevitable release of UBBThreads 6.5, I am wondering what is the best way to update an existing installation, e.g., 6.4.1?
My main concern is that I have quite a number of great hacks added which not only have some of the default files modified, but I also have quite a number of new ones, e.g., Templates for individual stylesheets, etc.
So, perhaps I could ask about my concerns individually:
1) Can the update be uploaded as a package and then unpacked/unzipped so that all the folders and files are set in their proper place and order? This would be a plus for those of us who have dialup or slow upload speeds. If so... HOW?
2) Does updating to a new version overwrite existing files?
3) Will existing hacks which have additional, non-default files cause problems with an upgrade?
4) Is it best to save the existing installation for reference? If so, HOW?
And, any bits of wisdom from those who are experienced in updating an existing and hacked Board which I haven't brought up would be immensely appreciated.
Jeff