Here are my remaining thoughts on this...

The first is that I "double posted" because I didn't get a timely response here. I knew that the post on the other infopop boards would receive an immediate response, which it got.

Secondly, Greg you say they are overloaded. Quite frankly, I'm not sure if they are. They certainly occur overloaded though. And, given Groupee's commitment to its web communities and their citizens, I'd kindly suggest there is some dissonance with the way .threads is being completed.

The general intention of my initial post was to have a conversation about how .threads is being completed. The fact that the topic was closed said a lot to me. I think there is a powerful way to complete .threads, not only in the actual product but the conversations around it. (To end with the negative conversations around it is really unfair; .threads as a product served its purpose well.)

I'll end on this.. I don't think they need more developers, as Greg suggested. The folks at Groupee are some of the best and the brightest in the biz. I have no doubt that the next generation product will be fantastic, functional, and influential.

I do, however, believe that the lack of communication and handling of the concerns we, as customers, have is a breakdown, especially given the Groupee vision.

There is now an opportunity to see how Groupee responds to this breakdown, separate and distinct from actually fixing the bugs and suggesting a "soon" release date. I'm really requesting a conversation - what this message board stuff is really about.

-P