How does the news on portal page work? I cant see it without be a mod.

Is there a board marked as 'display on portal' and every posting in this board will be displayed on portal or can I (and members with rights) mark a message anywhere 'display on news'?

The second solution would be nice. I run threads 6.x with IIP and have the problem that I have 4 news boards witch are pulled to portal. Each in his section. Its not so nice. I have general news, news for World of Warcraft, News for Starwars Galaxies and news for Dark Age of Camelot. You must every time scroll down to see news from another section.

If the system works like 'mark a messagfe as news' it makes more sense on a portal.

To deliver it to your customer as default put theses Sections in it:

general news
external news (copy from another webpage with permission)
tech news about the board
Urgent Note

and give us the option to add newsicons and description as we like. As I write I would make Icons for every game to put them in front of the news. This looks nice and give you a fast feedback.


my board: http://www.dragonclan-forum.de
my hobby: http://www.biker-reise.de
Ich kann bei Fragen zu UBBthreads in Deutsch weiterhelfen oder es zumindest versuchen