Hi Rick et al,

Love the new layout, especially the improvements to the post page.

A few thoughts and some bugs.

I operate two forums running version 6.5.2. www.prophotocommunity.com and www.digitalweddingreview.com The things that cause the most issues with my users are the fact that the textboxes get emptied when you press the back button. This still seems to be the case here. The other is a timeout issue if they type a very long post. It returns a "form is no longer valid" error.

Some Bugs I've found in about 35 minutes of testing in no particular order of importance.

1) Poll error where results are shown even when option to keep them hidden is checked.
2)The Preview Post button is not working properly
3) After adding a topic to the watched list it automaticlly returned me to the wrong forum. (the fully moderated forum)
4)Various small icons don't appear all over the board. i.e. below the administrator and moderator names whe you do a search.
5) After viewing a user post from the "user list" menu I used the back button to see the user posts and it said I couldn't make another search at this time.
6)When searching got a "the page cannot be displayed" error when trying to using the back button to look at the other search results.
7) How do I make private calendar entries? (may not be a bug)
8) My "watched forum" email has not arrived yet about 30 minutes later after being set to immediate delivery.
9)Various back button errors regarding empty text boxes etc.

I am using IE on SP2.

I also was interested in the "private topic" option. It appears there may not really be one. Is there a way to send a private message to multiple recipients? And, if so, how does the user view the threaded history of the conversation.

One of the boards I operate is a very large board and I am considering upgrading very soon to one of these two options. I really like what you have done so far. I like that it will feel familiar to most of our members. I would prefer to stay with ubbthreads for this reason. But, I really like the idea of private topics and the ability to have an automated pay system where new subscriptions will be added to the proper group automatically (otherwise known as my payment pal). Are there any plans to support these two options in a robust fashion on ubbthreads?

Thanks for all the hard work. I am very excited about moving forward soon.

Thanks,
Drew

Last edited by Rick; 07/07/2006 8:21 PM.

Signature Line Test. smile Bold