I did 3.8 million pages (14 million hits) and 42.1GB last month and my host didn't blink... but the site is growing so fast, I'm gonna HAVE to go to dedicated server... Only 3700 members, but about 1000 of them live on the site...

My cache hit % stays between 48-53%.

I can't imagine moving away from UBBS... all the time and effort I have invested in getting it just like I want it... the styles, sidebar, putting in the AdsPro software, et al...

Reckon how long I can get away with using a flat file system? I've been looking at database backend packages, but I shudder at the thought of dealing with the data conversion/transfer.

I AM concerned about my archives though... my tech archive has just over 20k threads in it now and growing at 500 threads a month... I've considered breaking it up by year, but that's make searching even less attractive to the members...

http://www.turboford.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Am I working myslef into a corner? I don't have any performance issues as yet...