Update: the smtp error message solved! My hosting company chaged the smtp server address in my board cpanel for me.
New problem though, how do I set my UBB to deny access to newly registered members access to even so much as login and post in the board until their account is approved?
I hope for a quick answer here, or I will close out my previous ticket on this smtp error message and open a new ticket.
I created a test new member account, and the board email address sent a password to the new user account address...duh my own personal email address on msn.com But, allowed me to login and access the board without the board admin which is me approving an account. I simply cannot have the board sending out registration password to new users and they access my new board without me being able to approve or deny their account. What am I doing wrong here?