Quote
Originally posted by Devin:
[qb] Well other boards of UBB Classic software have it enabled.. I just need someone here to tell me where it is enabled the function.. [/qb]
That's a good thought, Kate.. But, I have confirmed that I am seeing the use of html in signatures. I know I am a member of one of those boards, and have an html link to my site included in my signature. I haven't been able to get ahold of the owner to find out what setting, code or hack is used yet though.

Quote
Originally posted by LK:
[qb] Check out cgi-bin/ubb_profile.cgi, line 457 and consider adding " || ($key eq 'signature')" right before the ") {".

Note that it's really not recommended to allow HTML in signatures: for example, if the HTML exploit checking rules get stricter, the existing signatures won't follow them. [/qb]
Will this then set the profiles to allow html in signatures?

One thing I would like to point out as a disappointment here, is the fact that Infopop does not offer a choice on our part to allow or disallow html in signatures. I just don't think that is right, and one thing I will look forward to in the new Infopop product to yet come is the feature that allows or disallows html in signatures.

The rest of UBB features such as html allow in post or post replies and even in polls on 6.7.2 ; but doesn't allow html in member sigantures. What kind of sense does this make. My members and myself are used to the way we had the html signatures feature from our old phpbb board we ran prior to the UBB Classic. I want to see the html allow feature added to the Classic in a bug fix version they still come up with.. Also, the html allow or disallow feature in the new product if I am to later convert!

Again, LK will this code you gave me definatly add html allow in member sigantures?? or is it just an idea to try? Remember, I had to delete the public_common pl file and ftp a new copy in because of the last experiement code someone here gave me to remove the bbtitle link back to the board main summary page. What removing the link did was to mess up the bg properites somehow as they appear to be linked in the cgi and html codes. I don't want another mess up here as it could be the last mistake that I might not be able to fix!