Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Is there anyway to add moderators to a forum, but not have them show up on the front page next to the forum? Currently I am using a global moderator with the company name for all the forums, and I am reluctant to add more because I feel it degrades the look of the forum.

Thanks,

Lucas Davis
=====================
Webmaster - ION Storm

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
There is a way to have Mods without specific forums of there own.

------------------
brainsoft, Xi Base Webmaster.
"I don't know how I got here, I was only looking for the washroom."brainsoft, Xi Base Webmaster.
"I don't know how I got here, I was only looking for the washroom."

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
How?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
hmmm, it was so long ago I've gone forgotten what I was talking about now. I think I was think of FuseTalk when I wrote that last post...

You could add another Aadministrator, that way he wouldn't show on the Forum Listing page, but still have power. Other than that, there's no way I can really think of, unless you used a hack of some sort maybe.

------------------
brainsoft, Xi Base & JJR512.com Co-Administrator.
XiBase/JJR512 Activelist: 83320323

"I don't know how I got here, I was only looking for the washroom."

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
There is a General Settings option to turn off moderator display on the intro page, but I think the name will still show on the inside forum index pages.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hi
While trying to find an answer to this questions , I came out with a small hack to fix this.
Look for the code (moderated by $ModeratorLine) in forumdisplay.cgi and ubbmisc.cgi , you are going to find one instance in each page. Change this for something like (moderated forum). Upload to server and you are done


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)