Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I get this error message.
Please check: Does directory Forum20/private-gsdJtf4 exist?
Create it if necessary and make sure it is writeable by UBB
There must be a matching Forum directory for every forum number listed in your forums settings.
Here is the error: No such file or directory

Whenever a new forum is created, the script doesn't seem to create a folder that goes with it? If I were to create the folder manually, where in the path should I store it?
Assume that I have this set up
/ubb/cgi-bin/

All the variable scripts are stored in cgi-bin directory.

I also have /ubb/html/ that contains non-cgi files

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Check to make sure your noncgi directory has 777 permissions. Also, create the Forum20 in your noncgi directory, you should already see Forums 1 thru 19 in there. Set the Forum20 permissions to 777. If you use announcements you'll want to setup an Annc directory inside the Forum directory.

------------------
Doug
darksaber.hispeed.com
I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.
--Darth Vader, The Empire Strikes Back


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 270 guests, and 100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)