Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#100539 10/21/2001 9:05 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I just transfered from my UBB from one server to another and now I'm trying to get it up and running. I transfered it using an FTP program. I'm hope I'm doing this correctly. In my control panel I'm being told that my absolute paths aren't set correctly. Please help. My control panel address is http://www.boxingfanatics.com/ubb/cp.html

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I tried to set them for you, but was told that the admin5 password is wrong.

You need to use /www/boxingfanatics (check the envrinmentals link at the top of the general settings page0

--mark

Moderator for Unix Installation and HTML/CGI.<p>"Look! A wagon wheel!" --Time For Timer

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Mark, thanks for checking it out. Mrand, another great moderator from this forum, helped me out with the variables. That guy always rules!!!!

Now I have another question. Is it always that easy to transfer a forum one server to another? I feel like something just wasn't done correctly. I mean, that was too easy.

All I basically did was save my whole site to my hard drive and then I FTPd it into my server. After that, I got the proper variables from the great Mrand and PRESTO! It worked.

I kept hearing all this talk about making sure that some files were saves in ASCII and that other be CHMODded. I also heard others talking about setting the right permissions.

I used CUTE FTP and didn't do any of those things. Why did it work for me? Would you be so kind as to just check out my files in my site manager and let me know if anything in there looks fishy. I just don't want to assume my board is all set and then have it come tumbling down.

Thanks. If you accept, I'll shoot you an email with the information. Thanks again!!!!!


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Geoff), 614 guests, and 85 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)