Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#108275 01/05/2001 6:18 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I've been having user accounts disappear seemingly at random lately. One day someone can post, the next they can't. They'll request their password, and receive an email with nothing in the spaces for username and password. The corresponding usernumber.cgi file will be zero bytes, but they'll still exist in memberslist.cgi and emaillist.cgi (I checked my quotas, and I'm will below). If I do a member file recalibrate, they'll disappear from those files as well. With no way to get their profiles back, I'm just telling users to re-register. Of course then they lose their status and post totals, which makes some people mildly sad. And sad users are no fun.

Any idea what might be causing this? It's nwtekno.org, running 5.47a, stock, but I just upgraded to 5.47d a few minutes ago.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
You are describing what happens with an out-of-space condition. Even though you may be under your disk space quota, the host may have oversold the disk or some of the users may be over quota on a system without 'hard' quotas. Even if you test and find you have space, you may have an intermittent problem. A second problem could be 'too many files' if you host limits the number of files.

See this page for recovery instructions.

------------------
Harold Kost
User only - no other connection to Infopop

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 458 guests, and 91 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29