Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3
I have v. 5.41 and would like to upgrade to 6 - but it says that it needs to be in good working order.

Lately, there's a bug that has two problems, both related to e-mail addresses of current users.

1. When I search in the control panel for a user by email--it comes back with a "Sorry, we don't have anyone by that e-mail here" -- even if I know the user exists (I can look them up by name and they appear).

2. When you submit an email address to the "lost password" part of the site, it comes back with the same message.

Is there some file missing? This bb is hosted on an external site that I do not maintain.

I would like to upgrade but won't if I can't get this issue resolved.
Thanks,
Eric P

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Those problems won't stop you from upgrading - it sounds like the email index is simply corrupted or missing. It will be automatically rebuilt during the upgrade process.


This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3
Thanks. Will upgrade and see what happens.

Eric


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 206 guests, and 158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)