Hop To
#109127 04/22/2005 4:09 PM
R
stranger
stranger
R Offline
posted April 22, 2005 12:08 PM
Hi All,

I've got a client using the UBB v5.47. It resides on a Windows 2000 server (on a private intranet). The web site in IIS was changed from name1 to name2. From what I'm told, nothing else changed. Now, they are unable to view their posts and attachments. The scripts do not indicate they failed, they just don't see the posts.

They attempted to change some settings using the control panel in UBB, but they do not see any environment variable changes afterwards. What do I need to tell them to do in order to have the UBB work with the new web site name?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Best Regards,

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
ask them to open vars_config.cgi and check all of the data inside it. Then, if you're using the accelerater look in your NONCGI for vars.config.php and make sure that's correct too.

Once those two files are correct you can log into the control panel and reset/double check everything else.

Of course permisison need to be correct as well.

This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
R
stranger
stranger
R Offline
Thanks for the reply, but there is no vars_config.cgi in the cgi (or any other) directory.

I see cpanel.cgi and cpanel2, 3 & 4 .cgi. I also see forumdisplay.cgi (and of course, others). I also see a varible_files directory with a forums.cgi in it.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
You'll want to look at UltBB.setup instead.

There also sounds like there's some file permission issues floating around. Make sure that UltBB.setup, styles.file, forums.cgi, mods.file, and the entire NonCGI directory tree have everything short of Full Control by the IUSR_ account on the machine.

Do note that official support for the 5-series ended last month. Please upgrade ASAP.

This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 744 guests, and 147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29