Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#110786 05/26/2002 12:46 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I have a board at www.theanswerman.com/ubb.htm

The board WAS at www.theaman.com/ubb.htm until I finally was able to purchase the new domain name theanswerman.com (a better name).

Since search engine listings and other links go the theaman.com, I kept that URL alive and well. People going to that URL are now having trouble logging into the board. I had that same issue. When I went to log in, I would NOT get an error message when I tried to log in, but after I entered my username/password, I would be sent back to the board, but it would say I was not logged in.

I was dumbfounded, but after a while I realized that when I logged into the board by going through theanswerman.com my log in was accepted and I was able to post.

I've had countless emails from people asking me to help them log in as they are reporting the same problem. I advise them to make sure they are logging in via the URL theanswerman.com but I haven't actually heard back from anyone saying whether that's solved the problem for them or not. I thought I'd report the issue to you guys as a courtesy.

Also, is there anything I can do to fix this for people so they can log in regardless of what URL they come to the board from??

Thanks!

The Man

[This message was edited by Charles Capps on August 06, 2002 at 09:51 AM.]

#110787 05/26/2002 2:13 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
You're using frames.. The cookie is not being seen. The best thing to do is have your UBb open in it's own window, or make a layout for your ubb with the links on it to match the frame setup.


UBBDesign.com
Customizing all things UBB â„¢ made easy.
How to use the new JCTemplates | Templates explained

#110788 05/26/2002 3:34 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Thank you for your reply. Are you sure? When I log into the site via theanswerman.com URL the cookie seems to be seen as the site works just fine. I just want to be sure before I ditch the frames. The site works for me without a problem when I use theanswerman.com and doesn't work when I use theaman.com.

If this were a cookie problem wouldn't the issue nust not work for everyone all the time? There are many users who have no problem using the BB. Also, the site remembers me when I come back after reboots, which indicates to me there is no problem with cookies... I must not understand how they work...?

Thanks again!

The Man

#110789 05/29/2002 12:44 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
UBB is designed to ONLY be used at one domain at a time - trying using it at two domains WILL cause problems.

Use one domain. No framesets - they only cause problems such as those you mentioned above.

--
Charles Capps
UBB.classic™ Developer
Having problems? Open up a support ticket!


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, 1 invisible), 527 guests, and 135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)