Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hi gang,

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but wasn't sure where to put it.

We are running UBB 6.04f with the last WOL (v4.0 I think), and recently have been noticing in the WOL list, "Guest #1 viewing (Private Discussion) in Administrators". A guest viewing a private forum.

I traced the IP and found out that it was a web-crawler. Now, check this out.

I remove the cookies from my system, and paste the URL to a specific thread in the private forum into a browser and hit GO, and Viola! I am taken there as a guest!

This must be a bug in the private forum code. Has anyone experienced this??


Any input greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Chris

[This message was edited by Charles Capps on August 23, 2002 at 10:31 AM.]

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
You're using a version nearly a year old - I know that we corrected some issues with private forums in the 6.03 and 6.04 versions, but I don't recall exactly when that was done.

I would highly advise upgrading to 6.3.0 when we release it.

--
Charles Capps
UBB.classic™ Developer
Having problems? Open up a support ticket!

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hi Charles,

Thanks for the info... we want to upgrade but our membership to the support forum has lapsed and we have not had the money to renew...

Cheers,

Chris

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
There's not really much I can do other than advise upgrading at this point...

--
Charles Capps
UBB.classic™ Developer
Having problems? Open up a support ticket!

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
No worries. Thanks!


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (vscope), 384 guests, and 137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)