Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 35
P
newbie
newbie
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 35
I had this just happen for the first time ever. I don't know if it's related to 6.7, but it never happened for 2 years with <6.3

I had to have my ISP restart apache for me.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
Are you runing any modifications to your boards?


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 346
R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 346
IIRC, this is designed behavior. The UBB will sacrifice performance to prevent corruption. With 80 concurrent users, and a forum with 4300 topics, I could see where performance could take a hit.

Forum URL: http://www.sbtontheweb.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

I'm guessing CC will have some insight.

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 35
P
newbie
newbie
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 35
It just happened again. This was NEVER an issue in the past, just with 6.7 and the user count hasn't changed. My topic count is less than 20% of what CC has said was the limit.

And no, no mods.

This is also not sacrafing performance - it's a bug, and it halts my entire server. No company email, no website, no ftp, nothing. That is never designed behavior.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
Have you filled out a Support Ticket yet? All bug's are worked out free.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 35
P
newbie
newbie
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 35
It turned out to be a mistake by Rackspace - when they installed my new tape drive, they scripted the backup process twice, and it threw things out of whack. It showed ubb freezing, but it was just coincidence.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
Lol; I'd demand retribution for stating yoru board was running a havok :x


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Selling a Forum?
by ECNet - 10/10/2026 10:54 AM
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 469 guests, and 123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)