This is a "sneak-peek" version of the upcoming UBB 6.2 that will allow you to see what has been added and how our development has progressed.
This is a feature-incomplete, beta-quality release of UBB
. There are a number of known issues and missing features in this release.You should not use this release on a production website.
Features & enhancements (this is a partial list):
- Enhanced tools for COPPA support
- User birth date field (required for COPPA, optional if you have not enabled COPPA)
- Post preview function
- Printer-friendly topic view
- XHTML templates (~99% compliant, thanks to Allen Ayres of UBBDev!)
- "Recent Visitors", a superior implementation of "Who's Online"
- UBB Accelerator updated to comply with PHP 4.1.0's new security model
- After a reply or edit, you are now taken to your post in the topic
- Enhancements to the user search feature (new searchable fields, such as IP at registration, IP at last post, and birth date)
- Topic authors may now toggle email notification by editing their post (they may turn it on if off, and off if on)
- Private forums may now be set to disallow new topics or replies (previously, new topics and replies were forced 'on')
To do before final release:
- Add Recent Visitors Wordlet list to control panel
- Add email Wordlet list to control panel
- Re-skin / update control panel with updated website colors
- Implement polling
- Complete utilities to seek and repair corrupted topic, PM, and member files.
Known issues and other things you should know:
- Enabling the Recent Visitors feature will decrease cache use by up to 20%, which will cause a performance hit
- Polling is not present in this release. It will be present in the next beta release.
- An extra HTTP header ("Content-type: text/html") may be displayed at the top of some standard message pages. This is debugging code and will be removed in the final release.
- Some things mentioned in the support forums as being fixed might not have been fixed in this release. If you spot something that you were told was fixed, but was not fixed in this release, please point it out ASAP so that we can ensure that it's still on our list.
- Posting in empty forums will no longer return "Could not find a forum_thread_data file for... Please rebuild forum stat files for this forum"
- Some critical error messages are still extremely verbose and have not been changed into Wordlet form.
This .zip is not a full install, it will only upgrade a 6.0x or 6.1.x UBB to 6.2 beta release 1. Please read the upgrade.txt within the .zip for specific instructions.
The UBB demo board on UBBCentral
will be upgraded to 6.2 beta1 for testing/viewing purposes.Honor The Victims