version 6.4 Beta Release 1.0 has been released to the Member Area.
UBB.classicâ„¢ 6.4 Beta Release 1.0 is a test version that adds the following new features:
- Content Islands that allow you to feature your board's content on the rest of your site. The Content Islands also support RSS news feeds.
- A searchable Community Directory.
- The ability for an Admin to view the board when it is turned off.
- Simplified Upgrade procedures. The "Upgrade Button" will now run any necessary maintanance procedures for you.
- Today's Active Topics is now a rolling 24 hour period rather then rolling over at midnight every night. Great if you have users in more than one time zone.
- User passwords in the uber cookie are now MD5 hashes.
- User level based permission to allow custom user titles set by users.
- Time based edit options.
- Toggle for last post column (and contents) in forum summary.
- Toggle for last post column (and contents) in topic list.
- Forum summmary last post links to the actual post.
- "Re: " now before replies to topics in forum summary.
- Forum name in <title> tag in topic list.
- Added <label> tags & some CSS magic to forms in the control panel for greater usability & accessability.
Some important notes:
There is one new variables file you'll need to remember to upload: vars_ci.cgi.
We no longer provide the JC Templates downloads from our Member Area. JC will be maintaining the template sets and downloads at his site, http://www.ubbdesign.com
. Please check to make sure that JC has his updated template sets prepared and released before you upgrade to 6.4 beta if you are using the JC Template sets <img src="https://www.ubbcentral.com/boards/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" />
Please note that we no longer include a separate set of documentation with the release zips. You should download and read the installation instructions from the UBB.classicâ„¢ support area before attempting to install this release. You can find the instructions at this URL:www.infopop.com/support/ubbclassic/beta.html
Last but not least: Remember, this is a BETA release and we do not recommend that you use this beta for production or mission critical applications.
[This message was edited by David Dreezer on December 08, 2002 at 02:27 PM.]
[This message was edited by David Dreezer on December 08, 2002 at 02:28 PM.]