UBB 6.2 has been released to the Member Area.
New features & enhancements:
- Enhanced tools for COPPA support
- User birth date field (required for COPPA, optional if you have not enabled COPPA)
- Post preview function
- Printer-friendly topic view
- XHTML templates (~99% compliant, thanks to Allen Ayres of UBBDev!)
- "Recent Visitors", a superior implementation of "Who's Online"
- UBB Accelerator updated to comply with PHP 4.1.0's new security model
- After a reply or edit, you are now taken to your post in the topic
- Enhancements to the user search feature (new searchable fields, such as IP at registration, IP at last post, and birth date)
- Topic authors may now toggle email notification by editing their post (they may turn it on if off, and off if on)
- Private forums may now be set to disallow new topics or replies (previously, new topics and replies were forced 'on')
- Added Recent Visitors Wordlet list to control panel
- Added email Wordlet list to control panel
Things you should know:
- Enabling the Recent Visitors feature will decrease cache use by up to 20%, which will cause a performance hit
- Upgrading can be very tricky because there are new variables files and one that has been updated (vars_wordlets_email). Please read the included instructions carefully. Always make backups of your vars files before upgrading.
The UBB demo board on UBBCentral will be upgraded to 6.2 for testing/viewing purposes.Honor The Victims