This afternoon we added some new license options for UBB.classic and UBB.threads. We now have three types of licenses:Standard
: this is equivalent of what we previously offered. The price if for the license and includes one year of Member Area Access (free upgrades). Our license rates here have not changed at all. UBB.classic Standard is still $199 and UBB.threads Standard is still $229.Silver
: with a Silver license, customers receive a longer Member Area access period (5 years rather than just 1), advanced support time with Infopop (up to 3 hours included), and a higher priority ranking in our support queue (Priorty 2 versus Priority 3 for standard licenses). For .classic, the rate is $475, for .threads the rate is $499.Gold
: with a Gold license, customers receive LIFETIME Member Area access, even more advanced support time with Infopop (up to 5 hours included), and the highest priority ranking in our support queue (Priorty 1). For .classic, the Godl rate is $699. For .threads, the rate is $725.
Other changes to our support system:
- We will not longer be offering Annual Support Plans. We will of course be honoring existing annual support plans, however!
- We will be categorizing each support incident as either basic or advanced. We provide basic support to all license holders at no additional cost. Advanced support however always requires payment (this is one reason the Silver and Gld plans are attractive, because they have some advances support time built-in). Any license-holder can purchase advanced support time in 30 minute increments (we call these support units) at the ate of $75 per half hour.
- All support incidents must be initiated with a submittal by the customer to our support ticket system. See https://www.infopop.com/q/q.php
- We offer license upgrades (from Standard to Silver, Standard to Gold, or Silver to Gold). There are no license downgrades permitted, however. Customers who purchased licenses before June 14, 2002 will receive nice discounts if they wish to upgrade to Silver or Gold.
- The only rate that is increasing in these changes is our UBB.classic to UBB.threads license coonversio offer. That rate is increasing to $100 (from $75).
The license upgrade rates are a bit confusing so I will give some details here:Upgrade from Standard to Silver
For both UBB.classic and UBB.threads, the upgrade rate is $300. For licenses purchased before June 14, 2002, however, the upgrade rate is only $199. What do you get when you upgrade: 4 more years of member area access, 3 hours of advanced support time, and a Priority 2 rating for all support tickets submitted.Upgrade from Standard to Gold
For both UBB.classic and UBB.threads, the upgrade rate is $525. For licenses purchased before June 14, 2002, however, the upgrade rate is only $325. What do you get when you upgrade: lifetime Member Area access, 5 hours of advanced support time, and a Priority 1 (highest) rating for all support tickets submitted.Upgrade from Silver to Gold
For both UBB.classic and UBB.threads, the upgrade rate is $250. There is no discount for licenses purchased before June 14, 2002. What do you get when you upgrade: lifetime Member Area access, 2 more hours of advanced support time, and a Priority 1 (highest) rating for all support tickets submitted.
The bottom line is: our basic license rates are staying exactly the same. We now offer some nice discounts for those looking for extended member area access, built-in advanced support, and priority status on support requests. The enhances licenses are not required... any customer may choose whatever license option he/she prefers.
For more info, see: http://www.infopop.com/order/ubbclassic/ http://www.infopop.com/order/ubbthreads/
CEO, Infopop Corporation