UBB.classic 6.7 Beta Release 1 has been released to the Member Area.
This release has been centered around adding in more of the polish features, tweaks, and neat things that we have been wanting to add (and people have been asking us to add <img src="https://www.ubbcentral.com/boards/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" /> ) There aren't any major large ticket items here, but a whole raft of all the little things you've been asking for the most.
- Spider-friendly URL option to allow your board to be indexed by most major search engines.
- Member Moderation Queue notification mails now include quick links to approve or decline the new member directly.
- Import/export tool to help move over from other products.
- Forums may now have a default DaysPrune that overrides the user preference.
- Category enhancements, including style templates, category descriptions, hidden categories, and collapsed categories.
- Users may now subscribe to topics when replying.
- Unsubscription links are included in all topic subscription emails.
- Updated the My Profile page layout. New links are present to your own post history and list of subscribed topics.
- New profile edit confirmation screen allows users to see a preview of their signatures and public profile information.
- User logins and visits are now tracked by date and IP. Tools to search for user activity using login and visit dates have been added to the Member Management area of the control panel.
- Administrators may now add notes to a user profile via the control panel.
- A link has been added to a user public profile that allows an admin to jump directly to that user edit page.
- Multiple forums may be searched at once (a multiple select box is used instead of a drop-down menu), and categories may be searched. Admins must enable these features.
- New admin option to restrict public profile viewing to registered users only.
- New admin option to hide member numbers from view entirely on the front end.
- New admin option to hide the "Moderated by: " text inside a forum.
- A new Quick Reply box has been added to the bottom of each topic. Admins or users may choose to hide the box.
- New user preferences to check (or uncheck) the "Show Signature" or "Disable Graemlins in this post" boxes on the posting forms by default.
- Admins may now force all registered users to review the user agreement upon their next visit to the board. This will also trigger a date check if the user has not provided a birthday.
- The minimum age required to pass the age check is now admin-defined.
- New "Remember Me" box on the login form (checked by default) allows users to optionally be logged out at the end of their browser sessions.
- Users may now be given express permission to use an avatar, even if they normally could not. This control is available under the Permissions tab in the control panel edit profile page.
- Forums sorted by topic subject are now also indexed by date, meaning they can be sources for Content Islands, and can be the target of a prune or mass move.
- Updated the way Member and Forum metadata are built to ensure that we stay within many hosting provider memory limits.
- Updated age verification implementation.
- The UBBCode page has been properly converted to use Wordlets.
- UBBCode and URLs are no longer included in signature length checks
Remember to review the upgrade instructions
(and the rest of the beta documentation). Never overwrite *ANY* vars_ files unless directed to in the instructions!
Disclaimer - beta
Our standard beta disclaimer applies - Remember, this is a BETA release and we do not recommend that you use this beta for production or mission critical applications. If you upgrade a production board to this beta version you may not be able to go back with ease or without data loss.