UBB.classic 6.7 has been released to the Member Area.
We're no longer beta, version 6.7 is out. <img src="https://www.ubbcentral.com/boards/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" />
This release has been centered around more polish features, tweaks, and neat things that we have been wanting to add (and people have been asking us to add <img src="https://www.ubbcentral.com/boards/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" /> ) There aren't any major items here, but a whole raft of ittle things you've been asking for the most.
- Spider-friendly URL option to allow your board to be indexed by most major search engines.
- Member Moderation Queue notification mails now include quick links to approve or decline the new member directly.
- Import/export tool to import your data from competitor's products, as well as from other Infopop products.
- Individual forums may now have a default DaysPrune that overrides the user preference.
- Category enhancements, including style templates, category descriptions, the ability to hide categories, and collapse categories.
- Users may now subscribe to topics when replying.
- Unsubscription links are included in all topic subscription emails.
- Updated the My Profile page layout. New links have been added to your own post history and list of subscribed topics.
- New profile edit confirmation screen allows users to see a preview of their signatures and public profile information.
- User logins and visits are now tracked by date and IP. Tools to search for user activity using login and visit dates have been added to the Member Management area of the control panel.
- Administrators (only) may now view or add notes to a user profile via the control panel.
- A link has been added to a user's public profile that allows an admin to jump directly to that user's edit page.
- Multiple forums may be searched at once (a multiple select box is used instead of a drop-down menu), and categories may be searched. Admins must enable these features.
- New admin option to restrict public profile viewing to registered users only.
- New admin option to hide member numbers from view entirely on the front end.
- New admin option to hide the "Moderated by: " text inside a forum. This is to make things cleaner if there is no moderator.
- A new Quick Reply box has been added to the bottom of each topic. Admins or users may choose to hide the box. This saves one page view every time it is used, and saves two if you have the iframe post review feature turned on.
- New user preferences to check (or uncheck) the "Show Signature" or "Disable Graemlins in this post" boxes on the posting forms by default.
- Admins may now force all registered users to review the user agreement upon their next visit to the board. This will also trigger a date check if the user has not provided a birthday. This provides and easy way to ensure that your users see changes to your user agreement if you change it.
- The minimum age required to pass the age check is now admin-defined.
- New "Remember Me" box on the login form (checked by default) allows users to optionally be logged out at the end of their browser sessions.
- Users may now be given express permission to use an avatar, even if they normally could not. This control is available under the Permissions tab in the control panel edit profile page.
- Forums sorted by topic subject are now also indexed by date, meaning they can be sources for Content Islands, and can be the target of a prune or mass move.
- Updated the way Member and Forum metadata are built to ensure that we stay within many hosting provider memory limits.
- Updated age verification implementation, including, but not limited to, the changes noted above.
- The UBBCode page has been updated to properly use Wordlets.
- UBBCode and URLs are no longer included in signature length checks.
- Admins can now add users via the control panel.
- Control panel reskinned to match ubbcentral.com.
Remember to review the upgrade instructions
(and the rest of the documentation). Never overwrite *ANY* vars_ files unless directed to in the instructions!