Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#128504 04/27/2006 9:28 PM
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 44
T
newbie
newbie
T Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 44
I did a ubb.classic to ubb.threads conversion today and it all seems to have gone fine, except that any UNREAD private messages have been lost. Is there any way to repair this, or are they gone into the ether forever?

Thanks so much in advance,
Tracy

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 44
T
newbie
newbie
T Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 44
Also one more question -- if a user changes their display preferences to another time zone, then the post shows up for everyone as being a different time than the server's time. It's a bit confusing when you have posters from all over the world, to have an original post from April 28th and a reply dated April 27th, for example. Is there a way to avoid this?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
If you could PM me your admin login info to the forum I could do a couple quick DB queries to check if there are any imported PMs that are just floating around in there.

I couldn't duplicate the timezone issue. I registered a user, made a post, changed my timezone, made another post. I logged out and they were both showing up with the proper times.

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 44
T
newbie
newbie
T Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 44
Hi Rick,

Sorry I didn't reply sooner -- I was out of town. Thanks for your help in checking out the timezone issue. I'll PM you my login info!

Tracy


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (SteveS, vscope), 455 guests, and 117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)