Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#129128 05/23/2006 9:52 PM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 8
F
stranger
stranger
F Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 8
My moderators forum is not accessible to read or post to anyone but moderators and admin.
I consistently see number of registered members reading and anonymous readers at the bottom of the page.

How can we have an anonymous viewer?
If I am not logged in, I can not access the mod's forum to read. It's not visible.

I'm concerned that Mod's forum may be accessible to non mods to read.

Anyone have this issue?

#129129 05/23/2006 9:58 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Is this a classic or threads forum?


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
#129130 05/23/2006 11:24 PM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 8
F
stranger
stranger
F Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 8
I recently upgraded to threads.

#129131 05/24/2006 5:38 AM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 490
Likes: 2
Addict
Addict
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 490
Likes: 2
Fran my man,

1. go to the CP
2. click on Forum settings
3. find your secret forum and click on Details
4. select the "Forum permissions tab
5. Administrators and Moderators should be set to "read and write". Everyone else should be set to "no access".

Submit changes and you're done.

#129132 05/24/2006 9:40 AM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 8
F
stranger
stranger
F Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 8
Conrad, this has been done.

So how is there an anonymous person viewing this forum?

#129133 05/24/2006 5:15 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
Not sure really, if this where Classic we where talking about, WoL lists attempts to access the forum, even if they're denied... I don't think this is the behavior with Threads though..


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
#129134 05/24/2006 5:16 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Who's online in .threads is updated when the error message that they have no access is sent. So even though they can't get in, it will still show where they are attempting to get to.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Selling a Forum?
by ECNet - 10/10/2026 10:54 AM
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 469 guests, and 123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)