Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 215
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 215
Hi
Is it possible to include global header/footer (includes/header.php , includes/footer.php) in forum header/footer ?


English is not my native language. I try my best to express my thought precisely. I hope you understand what I mean. If any misunderstanding results from culture gaps, I apologize first.
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 116
F
member
member
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 116
What exactly do you mean? includes/header.php and includes/footer.php are included in forum header/footer already. If you want to edit them use the CP

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 215
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 215
I mean:
General forum will show header.php
xxx forum will show header_xxx.php
But forum xxx will not show header.php's content ,
If I want the global header (header.php) also shown in header_xxx.php , I'll have to duplicate header.php's content to header_xxx.php

If I modify header.php , I'll have to modify header_xxx.php , it will increase the complexity of future maintenance.

I want header.php truely be a global header , also shown in the xxx forum


English is not my native language. I try my best to express my thought precisely. I hope you understand what I mean. If any misunderstanding results from culture gaps, I apologize first.
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 116
F
member
member
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 116
includes/header.php is default header for every forum which essentially makes it a global header by default of course, unless for some reason you have enabled a unique header for a forum via "Use a unique header/footer for this forum?" in the CP . If you want to use both at the same time you would probably need to alter some scripts.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)