Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#129175 05/25/2006 3:43 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 2
H
stranger
stranger
H Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 2
Hi,
I am new to Bulletin Board setup. I find UBB very interesting. I have one quesion, does the UBB Forum supports Linux and LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol).
Thanks,
Hira

#129176 05/26/2006 4:46 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I have UBB.Classic 6.7.x and UBB.Threads 7 Alpha both running on a Linux machine (CentOS4); I don't now about LDAP, only real requirements is MySQL (databse) and PHP on an apache server; I'll leave the remainder to Rick or anyone else


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
#129177 05/30/2006 9:05 AM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 2
H
stranger
stranger
H Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 2
Thanks Gizmo. Nice to know Linux OK. Will figure out LDAP.
Regards,
Hira


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 563 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)