Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3
S
stranger
stranger
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3
ok. so i just got put in charge of one of our company's forums which was hosted on UBB v5.45c. Oldschool! I just renewed my member area license and downloaded the latest version of UBB.classic. I read, re-read, and re-read again the installation instructions for upgrading an older board to the 6x version. I uploaded all files correctly (everything in ASCII except the .gif and .jpg files). I set and re-checked permissions on all uploaded files (755 on everything except the "variable" files which are 777). I have run all the .cgi test files and none work. the only test file that works is "hello.pl" which returns my Perl version number and a little bit of text.

but no .cgi files are executing. I have deleted them, re-uploaded them in ascii, set permissions again, and still no dice. i have even called my web-hosting company which is totally stumped over this. the path to perl is identical to our UBB v5.45c .cgi files, same company, same everything. nothing has changed, all i know is the new UBB.classic .cgi files are not executing.

if anyone has any ideas it would be most appreciated. I do not want to delete everything on the site and upload a fresh installation, because i have thousands of posts and hundreds of users from the old incarnation of the forum i absolutely have to save.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Your old forum still work?


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3
S
stranger
stranger
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3
yeah it was working fine. it's now in 'closed' mode while i troubleshoot.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 206 guests, and 158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)