Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#129538 07/11/2006 3:44 AM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 30
I
ILO
Offline
newbie
newbie
I Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 30
Hi, I am using ubbthreads 6.4.2 and I have a problem registering a user. It appears that UBB will not accept this address. example,; [][email protected][/] , I think it is because of the double period in the email address. Is there a setting to change this so it will accept any type of address.?

Thanks in advance

#129539 07/11/2006 11:25 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956
yes, the adress need to be in xxx.nnn format. You can change this while editing the regular expressions in adduser.php
Search for:
// Check the email format
and check the following lines. Be be warned ... you should now what you do.

You also have to do the same in changebasic.php so the user can change his email address with more then one dot.


my board: http://www.dragonclan-forum.de
my hobby: http://www.biker-reise.de
Ich kann bei Fragen zu UBBthreads in Deutsch weiterhelfen oder es zumindest versuchen

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)