Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Hi,
A user of our forums has an issue with his Location being reverted back to a previous value. I have used the admin panel to change his profile and it seems to work, until he posts again, at which time the value of U_Location is changed back. I have changed it by hand in the w3t_Users table in DB backend, same thing happens. Could there be a duplicate record somewhere? Any idea what might be causing this?

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Hmm, that's a bit strange. There are only 2 places that that field is updated, when editing the profile in their My Home or from the admin control panel. Do you have any hacks or addons installed? What version are you currently running?

D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
The forum probably has some small hacks, I'm not sure I was brought in after the original developer left. Definate maybe on that one tongue

Any idea how I can find out the version number?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Likely he has a utility installed that auto-fills in forms for him; Google Toolbar hs this ability, and ibelieve that the yahoo toolbar does as well; have the user check to see if anything like this is installed on their system...

the issue could be that he goes to edit the page and it auto fills in thefields for him and he clicks submit... Coudln't hurt to check lol

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
That's a good idea and thanks for bringing it up, but it happens when he makes a new post, which doesn't accept the location anywhere on the form. The problem seems to be unique to our deployment so I think I'll have to debug the Add Post scripts and see if developer X before me made any changes.

D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Can't see anything touching the U_Location in addpost.php, nor any paths leading to other scripts to change it.

/stumped

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 396 guests, and 110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29