Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
T Offline
We suddenly cannot see anything on our board. If you go to the board URL, the page is blank. If you go to the admin login URL, it's blank. I do not believe anything has changed. I was there earlier today and on the control panel looking up a user's info (just sent them their password), and it was all fine. Suddenly it's blank. Please help!!!

T
T Offline
Nevermind, I learned that we were hacked and have just been restoring the board.

R
stranger
stranger
R Offline
We here hit where the config.inc.php was mostly truncated. The apache log files show a perl script executing doedittheme.php and doeditconfig.php with weird URL's pulling scripts from a server in Spain. There is obviously a security hole in those 2 files. Hopefully, this will be fixed. Until then I've renamed those files since I really don't ever use them.

I sure wish they wouldn't be using what appears to be pre-alpha software on the boards since I'm having a hell of a time doing anything. Even the showflat.php crashes on any post and I have to manually change the URL to showthreaded.php. I'd change it in my profile, but the screens to do that crash every time they are used. I'd post more, but posting here sucks so much I'll wait until they get these boards stable first.

Y
Y Offline
Where are those two files located and what do they do?

The showflat issue can be resolved as follows: https://www.ubbcentral.com/boards/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/43738/an/0/page/0#Post43738

R
stranger
stranger
R Offline
Sorry. It's in the bug forum area. admin/doeditconfig.php and admin/doedittheme.php. All you have to do is rename the files. You can tell what they do from the name. If you're like me and you don't change your config often, you'll be fine just renameing them back and forth until they fix the bug. I only make config changes once a year or so.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
If you're running the latest version this is not an issue. You cannot call these scripts directly as there is code at the top to prevent this.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gizmo, Nightcrawler), 553 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29