Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#140840 02/01/2001 6:19 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hey Gang,

I upgraded this evening and not all of my forums are showing in my control panel. Nor are they showing on the opening page of the board? Help!

#140841 02/01/2001 7:15 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Because you did not run the upgrade script before you entered the control panel.

Delete the ubb6 variables files, reupload clean new variables files and then run the upgrade script BEFORE you log into the control panel.

Before you do that you may want to read this note.

#140842 02/01/2001 7:44 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I did as you said, and when I goto the ubb_upgrade it indicates it was already done. Any ideas?

#140843 02/01/2001 7:59 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Look in your members directory for 6 directories that start pm_ and 3 that start user_ delete them then try the upgrade script again.

#140844 02/01/2001 8:17 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Navaho,

I did all the above. I'm still getting the following message:

"Board already upgraded. Nothing to do."

#140845 02/02/2001 1:43 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I examined the ubb_upgrade.cgi file. It was calling to "public_names.cgi". I went ahead and took out the public_names.cgi from the Members directory of my webserver. By taking hte file out and it seemed to work now. I know longer saw the following message: "Board already upgraded. Nothing to do." And I was able to perform the configuration properly. =)

#140846 04/29/2001 6:25 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Thank you both... I was having the same problem, and after following all your instructions, my forums are appearing, but not my archives... I'm sure the answer is in here somewhere... I'll post a new topic if I still need help.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)