Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hi,

I've just installed UBB on my webserver. I've placed all the files in the right directories, all set to the right permissions and tested it with ubb6_test.cgi and all worked out.

When I login to http://myurl/cgi-bin/cp.cgi the page appears where I filled in the right Absolute paths and the URL's.

After submitting by hitting the "Configure Your UBB Now!"-button the screen goes and stays white.

My configuration:
- RedHat Linux 7.2
- Apache 1.3.20
- Perl v5.6.0 built for i386-linux

Thanks in advance for any help.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Please supply your URL where the cp.cgi file is on the web. "Myurl" is not correct, you need to give us your real web address if you want us to help you.

Brett (AKA Slurpee)
Van Halen Forums.com
http://www.vhforums.com
Moderator - Install - Unix/OS X, Web Hosts & ISP's, and Community Management
I Do Not Provide Assistance Via E-Mail

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
The members directory is in /var/Leden
and
ubb is in /ubb (single slash)

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Is Leden the name of your Members directory or is there a subdirectory inside of it? I could not find a Members subdirectory inside of it.

If Leden is your actual Members directory, ensure that it is set with 777 permissions and that member_test.cgi has been uploaded in ascii to this directory and is set with 777 permissions.

mjrand
Moderator: Installation - UNIX / OS X

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hi,

Leden is indeed my actual Members-directory. The member_test.cgi file is ASCII-uploaded and placed in /var/Leden and both the directory and the file have chmod777-permissions.

So the problem remains.

Thijs

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Checking /var/www/cgi-bin
Path Path exists and is a directory OK
Directory Read/Write? NOT Writeable, help
comment: The mode is 755 which is normal for a CGI directory. It should not be writeable
Next Action: go back • more tests with this path • full reset
version 2.1 © 2001 Infopop Corporation All Rights Reserved

You need to run ubb6_test.cgi. You will see you have not set your permissions correctly.

[url=HTTP://WWW.CREEPING-DEATH.NET here for: CREEPING DEATH - Metallica Tribute Band[/url]
"It was really fun seeing 'Creepin Death'. I think they rock!" - Lars Ulrich
"Lars and I had a good time jamming with you guys!" - Kirk Hammett

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hello,

Checking /var/www/cgi-bin
Path Path exists and is a directory OK
Directory Read/Write? Write, Read, Append, Deleted OK, OK

Now all the right permissions are set and still the problem remains. Any idea what I can try next?

Again thanks in advance,
Thijs


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 322 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)