Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#144316 02/02/2001 11:31 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I have been trying to upgrade to UBB6. I followed the installation instructions to the letter. When I test the hello script it works. When I first tried the upgrade script, it gave me a link to redirect to the CP. When I clicked that link I got a 404 error. I went back and checked everything with ubbg_test and it all checks out. Now, when I try to run the upgrade script I get the following error

Software error:
Can't locate Date.pl in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib/perl5/sun4-solaris/5.00404 /usr/local/lib/perl5 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/sun4-solaris /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at ubb_upgrade.cgi line 33.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@myhost), giving this error message and the time and date of the error

I checked the permissions and they all seem right. I re-uploaded everything making sure the cgi's were in ascii and the images in binary. I re uploaded the templates in ASCII since the instructions were a bit misleading on that and I still get the same error.

Can you shed some light on this.

Thanks
This is the location of my board
http://www.compuconusa.com/cgi-bin/ubb_upgrade.cgi

#144317 02/02/2001 12:45 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Date.pl as well as many of the other files from your your previous UBB 5.xx version are missing from the cgi directory. You cannot upgrade the older version unless all the files from the older version are there.

If you removed the old files from the cgi directory, you will need to reupload them. Make sure you do not reupload the 4 variable files or you will lose your current settings.

#144318 02/02/2001 1:17 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
mjrand

Your the best, worked.

Thanks


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 407 guests, and 105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)