Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
I just had my entire web site moved across servers and I am trying to reconfigure my UBB to make it work again.

The UBB is at http://www.thelincolnforum.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Running on a Unix/Linux server on UBB version 6.0.5 (yup, it's that old). I have my license.

Everything seems to work except browsing each forum. When I try, I get the following error:
Software error:
/home/virtual/site31/fst/var/www/cgi-bin/ubb_forum.cgi did not return a true value at ultimatebb.cgi line 382.
This appears to be that the forums are not being detected properly.

What file could be corrupted? I have checked all the obvious stuff (presence of all files, permissions, etc.) I have the entire original installation as well as a backup (that used to work).

Can someone help? I'm not a programmer but I pretend to be.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
check vars_forums.cgi

This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
vars_forums.cgi contains all the information. I can view the forums in the control panel no prob. I have also re-uploaded all the .cgi files in ASCII, especially ubb_forum.cgi & ultimatebb.cgi. There must be some file that is missing or currupted.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
hopto menu is working (meaning vars_forums.cgi is probably fine), so I would reupload a fresh copy of ubb_forum.cgi, making sure to upload it in ASCII, and chmodding it to 755

[edit]nm, saw your last post[/edit]

Make sure that files are fresh from the zip file.

D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Could it have anything to do with the "virtual" addressing?

The path to my CGI is reported as "/home/virtual/site31/fst/var/www/cgi-bin". On my other server (which works fine now), the path is simply "www/domainname/cgi-bin"

I am using the configuration addresses that the UBB found itself upon first run. However, there appears to still be some corruption.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
the paths depend on what the server sais they are as they vary server to server. For example, on my host most paths show as /var/www/cgi-bin/ unless the site has a low security level, then the path is /home/virtual/site#/var/www/cgi-bin/; all depends

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
The paths appear to be correct. I've tried other paths and nothing else lets the rest of the forum work. Granted, not being to browse a particular forum sucks, but posting, registering, replying, and the main page itself work fine. It's driving me insane!

I put in a trouble ticket also.

Does anyone know if there are compatibility problems with UBB 6.05 and the newer Unix servers? I thought I read something about it not working on certain types of virtually mapped servers, although I really doubt that is the problem.

Help

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I know that the spider compatability doesn't work properly on Ensim servers running high security mode; other than that I have no clue. I do know that there have been a large amount of bug fixes since 6.05

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Kate from Infopop fixed it. I missed a stupid CGI file that was in binary and she uploaded it in ASCII (it was ubb_forum.cgi, the one not returning a true value. DUH! I feel so stupid!).

All is well. thanks Kate.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Test
by Phun - 05/28/2024 7:31 PM
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Phun), 784 guests, and 112 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29