Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 5
S
stranger
stranger
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 5
Just installed the test version of UBB.classic v6 to test and get running on my new server before migration of my running UBB installations on a Win2k server.

I can't get any cgi script to work, even the hello.cgi. Here is a link:

http://www.lvshooters.com/forum/board/cgi-bin/hello.cgi

I've got execute permission on the directory for everyone, CGI is mapped correctly to the perl.exe file, I can't see what I'm missing.

Any thoughts?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 346
R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 346
Here are a couple of threads that had the same error message. I haven't used IIS 6 yet (my test server is still running IIS 5 here) and it has been quite a while since I configured Perl on IIS.

https://www.ubbcentral.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/6/670.html
https://www.ubbcentral.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/6/93.html?

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 5
S
stranger
stranger
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 5
Went through those and while it doesn't error anymore, it seems to run but timeout.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)