Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 34
newbie
newbie
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 34
I haven't had time to do any big checks, but this is an error that I found, when I imported my data from UBB.classic (6.7.3 including some hacks).

attachment 1 shows how it looks like in UBB.classic.
attachment 2 shows how it now looks like in UBB.threads beta 1.

Where has all the text disappeared?
Attachments
43-import-error-code-classic.gif 44-import-error-code-ubbt7beta1.gif

Last edited by Rick; 07/24/2006 2:02 PM.
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Looks like a possible regex problem. The 2 code blocks are being treated as 1, but it's only displaying the text that's in between each one. Will work on that one.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 34
newbie
newbie
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 34
I have no idea what "regex" is, but I found an example where I only have one Code code inside a reply.

Attachment 1 is how now looks like (beta 1).
Attachment 2 is how it looked like in UBB.classic.
Attachments
48-ubb7beta1-code-error-2-ubb7beta1.gif 49-ubb7beta1-code-error-2-ubbc.gif

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Found the problem. At the end of line 2406 and 2407 of classic_import.php there is a bit that says: \\6, those should both be \\4


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 206 guests, and 158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)