Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 171
Likes: 1
member
member
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 171
Likes: 1
All-righty, I have a couple moments to breathe after coming back from vacation--a big WOO-HOO to Rick and the gang for getting T7 released--and now I'd like to try to play with our new toy.


I'm just a tad nervous, so please humor me! laugh

If I'm reading the install instructions correctly, I upload the files--set the chmod to the right permissions--and then start the install process.

Is this correct?

----

I want to convert my classic test board to threads--and then, down the road, I would like to do the same with my live board. Both boards are on a same server that hosts adwoff.com

How do I make sure that I'm able to do this? When I tried to cnvert my test board to threads 6.5 a month or so ago, I messed something up. I don't want to do that again.

----

At what point do I use the import script? And can the import script be used on a 6.7.2 classic board?

----

Questions, questions, questions.

I'll have a bunch of them, and I'd like to thank you each in advance for your help.

~Sue <<-- asks that everyone uses the K.I.S.S. approach for explaining things to me! laugh

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Hi Sue. Yep, that's pretty much it for the installation. Once you get the install done then you can download the classic_import.zip file. There is a little README within that's fairly straightforward and yes, the import script will work with 6.7.2 wink

Rick #1561 07/20/2006 7:48 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 171
Likes: 1
member
member
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 171
Likes: 1
So far, so good! (YAY!)

Now I gotta start playing.

---

Oh, I do have one question ... the avatars didn't make the import. Is that the way it should've been?

~Sue
adwoff.com

ADWOFF #1564 07/20/2006 7:56 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
awwe, my sue is playing with the beta too! (look, I rhymed!


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Geoff), 494 guests, and 94 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)