Site Links
Pricing & Order
Members Area
Support Options
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 68 guests, and 409 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Member Spotlight
Hackelton U.K.
Show All Member Profiles 
Top Posters(30 Days)
isaac 17
Gizmo 14
jorb 5
Morgan 4
Mark S 3
Jake 2
whk 2
Sunny 1
Latest Photos
Testing to drag photos
Comfortable Cats
BSA photos
Chinese Buddhist temple.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Two odd problems... #152834
01/27/02 11:46 PM
01/27/02 11:46 PM

Anonymous OP
Anonymous OP

Ok, I got my member authentication problem in fixed (the files got uploaded by my FTP client as binaries instead of ASCII...) but now I'm running into 2 different problems.

When I try to register as a new user (or anyone else for that matter) all I get is a white blank page. Viewing the source indicates that the CGI is not processing at all. I've deleted vars_registration.cgi and ubb_registration.cgi, and reuploaded to make sure they're ASCII, but to no avail.

Second problem is in the control panel, under the Wordlets function. When I click on any of the applets under that menu, I'm presented with the same CGI error:
syntax error at /home/sites/site172/web/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/cp_wordlets.cgi line 23, near "elsif" syntax error at /home/sites/site172/web/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/cp_wordlets.cgi line 39, near "}"
All the other applets (as far as I can tell) work, and all my permissions are correct. I've deleted and reuploaded vars_wordlets*.cgi, and cp_wordlets.cgi as ASCII. Still nothing.

I am waiting on Support to email me my license key so I can open a support ticket, but I hope it won't be necessary.

Path to my CP is

Thanks again,
- Ron

Express Hosting
Express Hosting "We are the official hosting company of UBB.threads. Ask us about our free migration services to migrate your UBB.threads installation."
Re: Two odd problems... #152835
01/28/02 02:09 PM
01/28/02 02:09 PM

Anonymous OP
Anonymous OP

Why are you still using 6.05?

Normally I'd tell you to delete the file and upload a clean copy from the distribution zip, but I doubt that it's available... Please upgrade to 6.2...

Charles Capps
Programmer, Infopop Corporation
Please do not contact me privately for support - post on the board or open a support ticket instead!

Shout Box
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Topics
Registration problems
by Baldeagle. 03/19/18 01:56 PM
Track your Posts that contain Attachments
by jorb. 03/11/18 03:14 PM
Bug in Category Display Options?
by Baldeagle. 03/01/18 07:00 PM
by JoshPet1975. 02/27/18 12:56 AM
Forum Statistics