Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Just upgraded from 6.1.0.3 to 6.2.0. All is well but I've noticed that suddenly my UBB is allowing registrations from domains that are listed in the ban list. For instance, I've banned hotmail.com and in the past it's always not allowed registrations; however, this morning I had two hotmail registrations waiting in my queue.

Ideas?

www.seventhgear.com/cgi-shl/ultimatebb.cgi

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
How many other entries are in your ban list>

--
Charles Capps
Programmer, Infopop Corporation
Please do not contact me privately for support - post on the board or open a support ticket instead!

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Same observation here. I posted about this on the bug forum (didn't see this thread until now):

http://community.infopop.net/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=729094322&f=1863088313&m=5113047114

I posted what I've done to try to isolate the problem over there. Both normal and reverse email bans for both user and host are not functioning. Other email checks like duplicate email and incorrect format email work during registration.

PaulC - http://www.MonteCarloSS.com

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I've re-loaded thinking it was my fault and I've removed and added the banned domains one at a time and all are still getting through.

-Dave

http://www.hoodscoop.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
This is a known bug.

--
Charles Capps
Programmer, Infopop Corporation
Please do not contact me privately for support - post on the board or open a support ticket instead!

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Charles, will there be a fix for this before 6.2.1?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
See the linked topic - a small patch is included there. This has been fixed in 6.2.1.

--
Charles Capps
Programmer, Infopop Corporation
Please do not contact me privately for support - post on the board or open a support ticket instead!


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)