Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5
J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5
I'm in a subforum (http://beta.basketball-u.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=3) and the "viewing forum" series of links showing the forum hierarchy (I think I've seen this called the "breadcrumb"?) at the top isn't displaying correctly.

It's fine here: http://beta.basketball-u.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=2

But when I go into the subforum, it changes to:
Basketball U. » Forums » Administrator

When it should be: Basketball U. » Forums » Ivy League » Brown Bears » Other Brown Sports

The same is true when viewing a message inside the subforum:
http://beta.basketball-u.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9&an=0&page=1#Post9

As a result, navigating back to the parent board is a pain, and can only be done with the "Hop to" dropmenu.

Last edited by Rick; 07/20/2006 4:09 PM.
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Hi Jake. I just registered a user there. Can you promote me to an admin so I can take a look at a couple things? Also, can you ftp in and grab the contents of your cache/forum_list.php file and paste that here so I can take a look?

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5
J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5
Done and done.

<?php
$tree = array (
'categories' =>
array (
1 => 'Administrator',
2 => 'American East Conference',
3 => 'Ivy League',
4 => 'Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC)',
5 => 'Northeast Conference (NEC)',
6 => 'Patriot League',
7 => 'NCAA',
),
'active' =>
array (
1 => '1',
2 => '1',
3 => '1',
),
'kids' =>
array (
2 =>
array (
0 => '3',
),
),
3 =>
array (
1 => '   Ivy League',
2 => '   Brown Bears',
3 => '      Other Brown Sports',
),
'tree' =>
array (
3 =>
array (
0 => '2',
),
),
)?>

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Can you check now and see how it looks for you? It seems like it was a bit of a cache problem. I cleared out the cache and it seems to have the proper breadcrumbs now.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5
J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5
Yeah, it looks fine. So not a bug at all? Just a matter of clearing the cache?

Thanks for your help with this.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Definitely something went wrong at some point to corrupt the cache in the first place which I'll try and track down. I'm thinking maybe when one of the categories or forums was created. Can you recall if you setup all your categories first and then your forums?

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5
J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5
Yes, I did categories first, and then forums.

I think I know what happened. The only thing that went awry was that I initially placed the parent forum for the subforum in a different category, then realized my mistake and moved it. That seems to have thrown it for a loop.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Thanks Jake. It very well could be that the hierarchy cache isn't updated properly when a forum is moved. That at least gives me somewhere to start looking.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Found this one. Basically when a forum was moved that had subforums, the CATEGORY_ID field wasn't being updated on the subforums. Fixed for the next beta.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, 1 invisible), 522 guests, and 131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)