Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hello! I got this error-message even 12 gigabyte webspace are left on our dedicated server, someone mentiones that ubb.cgi opened a files and did not close it correctly, so, what to do now? i switched off the bbs to avoid a crash...

Insufficient disk space; try again later Insufficient disk space; try again later returntosender: cannot select queue for []webmaster@technoforum.de[/] Insufficient disk space; try again later returntosender: cannot select queue for postmaster queueup: cannot create queue temp file tfh8QDSF8W046388, uid=80: No space left on device

any ideas? :-/
TAHNKS!
chris
www.technoforum.de

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
The problem is most likely related to the mail partition on your server being filled up. Check there first.

This is not related to the ubb.classic software - the software returns the error that the OS relays to it.

Regards,

Brett Harris
Infopop Corporation

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
yeah, the mail partition was filled up with 8 gigabyte of logfiles and i had no root-account to bzip the stuff... now everything's working fine again, thanks for the help ...

bye the way:
well, would be a very nice addon to show users within the control panel how much space is left on the harddisc of a dedicated server or allow users to enter the value of the max.amount they do own within a shared hosting plan, so some sort of warning-notification would be very nice: not this time (the bug was just on the mail partition) but earlier the disc space ran out (three times *g*) and the ubb began to delete itself with 0byte-data/threads, just a backup restored it :-) especially webmasters who are fresh into that biz don't know how fast and how big a bbs could grow and how 'big' (concerning the megabyte of sorage-data *g*) their bbs will become...? just an idea... :-)

shouts!
chris

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 868 guests, and 467 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29