Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I have a user running Firefox who can't get graemlins to display. (see below). Any ideas? Thanks very much.

Like many people I've gotten fed up with security issues with Internet Explorer and switched to mozillas firefox stand alone browser.Instant gremlins and other animations dont play on the browser.I may need a plug in to get them to work.Can you possibly tell me which one to use?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Do you have any modifications on your board? Do you have a URL to your board so we can check it out (a few of us have Mozilla/Firefox installed for tests)? Could we get a test account on your forums so we don't have to register to troubleshoot (test/test is best)?

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
they're frinkin' gifs

this can not in anyway be a bug with UBB, as he mentions other animations don't play (even if only graemlins didn't move, it can't be a bug with UBB). there's not a plugin for gifs.

The gifs are animated perfectly for me in firefox, so it's not a bug in the software either

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R Offline
Forum URL: http://www.ctfisherman.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
Version: 6.6.0

I'm using Firefox 0.9.2 without problems seeing graemlins. If the user is having trouble, I would first probably have them reinstall Firefox using the latest build for starters.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I've been using Firefox on both Mac and Windows for quite some time now. No plugins needed.

Have you user check his preferences in Firefox and be sure that "Load Images" is checked, and that under permissions your site either is listed as allowed, or just not on the list at all.

This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Thanks for the tips. I'll pass them on to my member.

M
M Offline
Originally posted by Ian Spence:
[qb] they're frinkin' gifs

this can not in anyway be a bug with UBB, as he mentions other animations don't play (even if only graemlins didn't move, it can't be a bug with UBB). there's not a plugin for gifs.

The gifs are animated perfectly for me in firefox, so it's not a bug in the software either [/qb]
Now, Unless I missed something here in this thread or in antoher thread posted in this board, I don't see how gif file extention on images has anything to do with it.

I have seen thousands of these message boards that use UBB Classic made by Infopop and the gremelins that are gif extention file names display just fine. Perhaps something else is wrong with the orginal poster of this threads Mozillia Settings.

One of my moderators suggested me trying firefox so I have. Fire fox is buggy a little. I have problems with some of the imageson my stories index page with my bravenet hit counter appearning in the middle of the page header pic for some odd reason or another. However, if I use either msn or Internet explorer there doesn't seem to be a problem.

R
R Offline
I think the point was that they're gifs, and not some obscure image, etc... and that there should be no reason for them to not display properly...

I'm voting for browser settings - especially the Load Images setting that most browsers have... Mitch - did your user find the issue??

O
O Offline
I apologize for the way I said that

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 807 guests, and 148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29