Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#164266 11/12/2004 10:18 AM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 5
W
wai
Offline
stranger
stranger
W Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 5
Hi - new to UBB (took over a webmaster position where it was already installed and functioning well).

This morning, I received several complaints that our forum was down. Upon logging into the control panel, I discovered this indeed was the case. No one had shut it down. It reopened without any problem.

However, any ideas why this might happen? Background: Although I did cycle IIS last night, I've cycled it numerous times without UBB closing the board. Is this an intermittent thing with IIS recycles? Any ideas?

TIA.

Brad

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Perhaps one of the other administrators or moderators was performing maintenance and was interrupted.

The board automatically closes while maintenance is being performed.


This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 5
W
wai
Offline
stranger
stranger
W Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 5
Thanks for the reply, Charles. What I'm surmising from it is that there's really no reason it should be "shutting itself down", and that you believe it's more likely that another administrator closed it? Do you recall ever hearing of this occurring in the past to anyone else? The reason I ask is because I'm 99.9% certain no one closed the forum. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Brad

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Brad, as Charles stated above; if you do any forum maintenance (clearing cache, rebuilding forum indexes, rebuilding search indexes, etc) your forum is automatically closed and then re-opened when finnished; however if it isn't allowed to finish it'll remain locked. This would be the only way that the forum would "automatically" lock.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 5
W
wai
Offline
stranger
stranger
W Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 5
Thank you both for your help.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 120
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 120
Did you ever find out why this was happening BFolger71? Did it stop on its own? I am having the same problem with the board and definitely not doing any maintenance. I am also the only one with access to close it. The forum just randomly shuts down and goes into maintenance mode when I'm nowhere near the control panel and after it works fine for hours/days on end.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
1. Double-check who has admin access
2. Check with your hosting company if they did anything


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 166 guests, and 137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)