Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
I recently switched to Firefox 1.0 and have noticed that the new post icons on my UBB board and other UBB boards I visit, are not updated correctly. They do work fine in Opera, IE and Netcaptor.

e.g. when I go to my site right now, I can see post icons (Yellow lightbulb) for a topic in AREA 51 (the first forum) dated 11-18-04; obviously five days ago and is not a new topic.

Am I missing something? I know that most of you here use Firefox but I can't find any setting that would affect this.

cheers

O
O Offline
http://www.3000ad.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=markallread

go to that page, close firefox, and see if you still run into the problem

Keep in mind it's new posts since your last visit, so if you weren't there for a week, they'd all show up as new. The other possibility is that your cookies aren't being updated properly, but let's try this way first

J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Thanks Ian, I will try that.

I visit my forum several times a day, thats not the problem. In fact, its because I was seeing post icons for several days prior, that alerted me to this problem.

As for cookies, I have Firefox accepting my 3000ad.com domain cookies; and I know that works because the site remembers my login info and other items correctly. Its just the post icons that seem to be whacky.

Incidentally, I just checked the Firefox cookies and I don't see any cookies set by the site. Now thats odd.

J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Hi Ian,

That seemed to do the trick. Also, I cleared all my Firefox cookies and started from scratch. Now I see cookies set by the forum. Weird.

Thanks for your help.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
We use session cookies to store your new post indicators. Chances are that you aren't actually closing all of the Firefox windows at any point, which is the only thing other than the link posted that will actually reset the cookie.

This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 765 guests, and 175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29