Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
stranger
stranger
W Offline
I've received the following report from a member of my board about a recurring problem.

"...when I clicked on submit reply (or whatever that says), up popped the scolding message I wrote you about earlier. This time I managed to hit the print button in the split second before the message vanished. It says:

"'An error has occurred in the script on this page!!!' Then it gives a line (1198) and a "Char." (26). The error is stated to be: The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable. The Code is 0. Then it gives the URL. Finally it asks me if I want to continue running scripts on this page, and I clicked on yes. Should I mend my ways? How? What to do? What not to do?

"To continue, when I clicked on yes, I was told to hold tight - we are taking you back to (I forget what - - but it was the whole [thread] from the beginning). I scrolled to the end and saw that my entire reply ... was there ok. Then I had a terrible struggle to log out - I kept trying to click on log-out, but it kept telling me to hold on and taking me back to where I no longer wanted to be. Finally the click on log out worked, and I was out."

Could you give me some guidance as to what's causing this problem?

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
This does not sound like a UBB.classic error message.

From the user's description of the problem, it sounds like he or she has problems with Javascript and cookies. If the user has recently installed "privacy protection" software such as Norton Internet Security, ask that they disable it as a troubleshooting measure. If the problems stop, then the software is the cause of the problem, and they should contact the vendor regarding a solution.

This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gizmo, 1 invisible), 901 guests, and 169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29