Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#164465 03/05/2005 4:17 PM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 18
W
stranger
stranger
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 18
Is there any way to create spaces at the beginning of the first line of a paragraph?

#164466 03/05/2005 4:31 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 141
O
member
member
O Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 141
you mean to indent it? You can either add the   * 8 at the beginning, or if you are using <p> tags, use some css.

#164467 03/05/2005 11:21 PM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 18
W
stranger
stranger
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 18
I guess I don't understand. If I put *8 at the beginning of a paragraph, the paragraph shows up with *8 followed by the opening words.

#164468 03/05/2005 11:57 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 141
O
member
member
O Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 141
lol, I'm sorry, I typed &nbsp; but it got converted.
I meant type &nbsp; as many times as to get the desired indentation

#164469 03/06/2005 3:55 PM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 18
W
stranger
stranger
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 18
That did it. Many thanks.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 347 guests, and 100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)