Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#164558 05/04/2005 5:38 AM
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 3
S
stranger
stranger
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 3
Hello - We are running a very large 6.2 UBB forum under UNIX. We have about 8 topics. On 2 of these the search feature does not work (it gives a blank screen). If I view source I see just a few html tags, nothing else. I have re-indexed all of the forums and checked that the index is set to individual topics. Nothing seems to work - can anyone assist ?

#164559 05/04/2005 7:24 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I believe that some of the problems could be derived from how many topics that you have in each forum section of your board; I believe the UBB will start to go insane after about 10k (you should really think about an archive forum for old/dead threads).

Additionally the version of the UBB you're running is pretty old and there have been some updates to the search code, I'd definately reccommend an upgrade (you can find a changelog here).


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 156 guests, and 140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)