Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#164835 02/23/2006 6:34 PM
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 11
J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 11
Version 6.7.2

I just now noticed that my COPPA registration form isn't working. I upgraded about a year ago.

The path I have for the form (this used to work) is:

http://www.sullivansline.com/cgi-bin/ubbmisc.cgi?action=showcoppaform

When I enter this path in a browser I get:

Error including required files: Can't locate UltBB.setup in @INC (@INC contains: E:sullivanslinewebcgi-bin C:/Perl/lib C:/Perl/site/lib .) at E:sullivanslinewebcgi-binubbmisc.cgi line 39. Make sure these files exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Hal

#164836 02/23/2006 7:13 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 346
R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 346
ubbmisc.cgi not a script called by the newer UBB versions. All actions go through ultimatebb.cgi.

#164837 02/23/2006 7:29 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
i think, don't quote me, that the coppa form was purged in general as well...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
#164838 02/27/2006 8:49 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
The COPPA form has indeed been removed entirely. The age check system is a pure pass/fail now, with the failure message customizable in the control panel.

We performed this change after a few COPPA rulings that clarified the interpretation of clauses in regards to gathering information before parental consent. For further information, please speak to your lawyers.


This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Rick Gardner), 283 guests, and 175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)