Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
journeyman
journeyman
The updates seem to work, but I get jibber like the following spewed out on my control panel page.

[Tue Feb 28 11:10:11 2006] C:Inetpubvhostsmydomain.netcgi-bincp.cgi: at C:/Inetpub/vhosts/mydomain.net/cgi-bin/ubb_lib.cgi line 1651

When I check what I tried to change, all looks well. Hmm.

Also, if I submit the page again, there is no error.. it's like only the first change I make or something generates the error.

Any ideas?

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Please make sure that you properly overwrote all of the files and templates during the upgrade process.

The line in question is within a cache clearning function, however actual human-readable errors should also be printed...

This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
journeyman
journeyman
Hmm, when I do upgrades, I do them as per instructions, that is a block copy of everything.
I don't do a selective copy except for the VAR files which we're cautioned against.

As far as additional error messages, nope. that's all I get. And when I hit 'Submit' the second time, there is no error.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
When you use the Clear Cache area of the control panel, do you get a similar (or the same) error?

journeyman
journeyman
sorry, but no. I cleared all caches (all 4 checkboxes) and no error.
I then went and edited a member profile via the control pannel and there was no error. I don't know if these two are related.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Has the error occured again since you first reported it?

journeyman
journeyman
I'm not sure I've seen it since I reported it here, but I've probably see it 50 or so times.

I'll post here next time I see it.

PS. I did a complete reindex .. we'll see if that helps. *shrugs*

journeyman
journeyman
Okay, it just did it again:
[Thu Mar 16 14:37:35 2006] C:Inetpubvhostsmydomain.netcgi-bincp.cgi: at C:/Inetpub/vhosts/mydomain.net/cgi-bin/ubb_lib.cgi line 1651 [Thu Mar 16 14:37:45 2006] C:Inetpubvhostsmydomain.netcgi-bincp.cgi: at C:/Inetpub/vhosts/mydomain.net/cgi-bin/ubb_lib.cgi line 1651

This time I was just renaming a forum

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Yeah, changing forum settings clears the cache.

It looks like the error is coming from the module we're using to perform the cache clear, which is built in to Perl. I don't know what would cause it to return a blank error. If an error occurs, it's supposed to actually return something useful, not just keel over like that.

Has this error ever made itself known on the frontend, or has it only appeared for you in the control panel?

When the error occurs, did you happen to notice whether or not the page took an exceptionally long time to return the error or not?

journeyman
journeyman
1. It only happens in the Control Panel.
2. No, the processing time is reasonable.

AND.. it appears to always finish with the correct results.
For instance, after I got this error, I hit the 'return link' to return to the control panel forum list, and the name changes were completed.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Does the error occur at the top of the page, or at the bottom? I thought that this was a fatal error from the description... but if it's a warning, that changes things a little.

journeyman
journeyman
It's at the top of the page. It doesn't look intentional though, or like it was formatted output intended for the user .. it's just kind of blurted across the top of the page.

journeyman
journeyman
Charles, I just PM'ed you a screen shot of the error so you can see it for yourself.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Thanks, I got the PM. Yeah, it's just a warning, so there's nothing to panic about. It's still weird, though.

Could you do me a favor? Grab your copy of the UBB.classic zip file, and look inside the tools folder. There'll be a file named ubbclassic_test.cgi. Upload it to your site, and run it.

The very first test at the top will look like:

Perl Version Check:
5.008003 (ActiveState build 809)

Though the numbers will be different. Can you copy and paste that information here? When done, delete the file from your server.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 807 guests, and 148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29